Man Arrested After Making “Stew” Using Unborn Fetus Of His Dead Wife While On Meth

Memphis, Tennessee – Harold Miller, 34-years-old, of Memphis was arrested and charged with the murder of his unborn son. According to authorities, this is the most gruesome crime ever committed in Memphis.

Harold Miller and his wife Dorothy Miller, 36-years-old, both were meth addicts with extensive criminal records related to use of the controlled substance. The couple had been married for 7 years but struggled with drug addiction after the death of their 3-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son. Both of their children died in a house fire caused from the couple attempting to cook meth in their garage. The couple was able to avoid jail time and instead court ordered by a judge to attend a drug rehabilitation program for 2 years. The couple stayed clean, but only for a short amount of time before relapsing, which lead to the horrific and gruesome fate to follow.

At approximately 11:45 p.m., authorities responded to an emergency call placed by a neighbor of the Millers. According to reports, Maggie Bonner called 911 after she saw Harold Miller pacing back and forth in front of his home covered in blood.

POLICE STATEMENT of Maggie Bonner: “I heard them playing “Cannibal Corpse” most of the evening after I got home from work. Around 7 p.m., Harold and his wife were arguing over her being pregnant and neither one of them were able to take care of the child because of financial issues. Dorothy came over to my house to talk about her issues. We had a pretty good relationship after we met in rehab. She was in and out of depression after losing her two children and really didn’t have anyone else to talk to. Anyway, when she came over about 8:30 p.m. and told me that she couldn’t kick her need for meth and Harold was going out of control. She was 7 months pregnant and had been using meth the entire time of her pregnancy with very little prenatal care. She told me that her and Harold were going to “tweak” for a little while to see if they could calm down. I asked her not to do it and told her she could stay at my house for the night. She refused my offer and went back to her house around 9:30 p.m. I didn’t know that this would be my last time seeing Dorothy. She was a good person. I know she struggled with drug addiction, but don’t we all have demons we fight in our lives? It’s sad that Dorothy had to go like this. I can’t believe Harold would do such a thing to his own wife and unborn child.”

When authorities arrived at the home of Harold and Dorothy Miller, they found Harold standing in front of his home, holding a large stew pot. Lt. Mitchells, one of the responding officers at the scene approached Miller and asked him what was in the pot – however, he was not prepared for the response he was soon to receive from Miller.

“This is my son in the pot officer. I made a wonderful stew from his body and had a couple of bowls of it. Would you like to try some?” said Miller to Lt. Mitchells.

“I couldn’t believe what I had heard from his mouth. I took a glance into the pot and sure enough, I could see an arm inside the pot. It took everything in my power to restrain myself from ending Miller’s life right there for what I had witnessed. I ordered Miller to put he pot on the ground and I immediately handcuffed him. My partner went inside of the home and that is where we found Miller’s wife laying on the sofa with a large laceration to her abdomen. My partner and I searched the premises and found a trail of blood leading into the kitchen,” said Lt. Mitchells.

The city’s coroners office responded to the scene and confirmed that Dorothy Miller was pregnant and that a baby was recently removed from her body. The umbilical cord and placenta were in a skillet on the stove slowly cooking.

Harold Miller was taken into custody and is being held without bail pending a psychological evaluation. Dorothy Miller was taken by authorities for an autopsy however initial reports confirmed she had died from an overdose of meth prior to the removal of the fetus.